close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

msql php question

Thread began 3/17/2009 8:57 pm by tlpirc372764 | Last modified 3/25/2009 7:20 pm by tlpirc372764 | 5096 views | 11 replies

mrs256259

I remember a similar experience when I had built my first MySQL website. I was used to building with the likes of MS Access and having a physical file that I could drag from one side of DW's ftp panel to the other. When it came to MySQL, I was damned if I could find the file to drag on to the ftp server.

Basically, there are two ways that I know of in which you get your MySQL db uploaded. The first is through phpMyAdmin which is hosted on your hosts servers. You log in there and simply paste the dumped MySQL code in to the SQL pane and click go... database uploaded. The second is use use something like HiediSQL which is a free GUI (google it). You log on to the remote server through the HiediSQL application on your local PC and paste your sql... remotely.

With HiediSQL, I build all of my databases locally, enter content into the tables and then build my sites. It's dead easy to build a site this way as you can see exactly what you're doing and you have content to test with. Once built, I export the database as sql, open it in wordpad, copy the dumped sql, use HiediSQL to log on to the remote server and simply paste the sql and click go (well, actually, it's a triangle, but you get my point).

It took me days to figure out how to get a MySQL database from my local PC to the remote server. Even if I have to upload with phpMyAdmin, I still use Hiedi to create the dump of the SQL in the first place. Hopefully I've helped, but if not, don't read this!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...