close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Delete files with the new dataassist

Thread began 5/21/2012 8:14 pm by Miguel | Last modified 5/24/2012 12:26 pm by Miguel | 2813 views | 3 replies

Miguel

Delete files with the new dataassist

How can i use the file manipulation now to delete files that where uploaded for X record, i added the behavior, selected the trigger if button delete is pressed, selected the folder, but how can i tell it the exact file, i try to simulate the javascript that the button has

onclick="document.getElementById('WADADeleteRecordID').value=<?php echo($row_WADAbanco['idBanco']); ?>;document.getElementById('borrarar').value=<?php echo $row_WADAbanco['Logotipo']; ?>;document.getElementById('deleteBox').style.display = 'block';document.getElementById('deleteMessage').style.display = 'table';"

i also created a hidden input field witht he name borrarar and added the value of the recordset now the new thing on the delete icon is:

document.getElementById('borrarar').value=<?php echo($row_WADAbanco['Logotipo']); ?>

but adding that gives me a script error and the delete doesn't work any more.

Please give us advice about how can we delete files that where uploaded and inserted with the new dataassist, i cant image when i will have more than one file field to delete, it was very easy on the version before databridge now it has become a pain to delete files unless we do more work that we are suppose to and create a special delete page without the wizard but then what is the point of having a wizard to save time and spending the money on each upgrade of the super suite?

I see that the new dataassist is really a much more improved version of the version before data bridge but its still missing so much to totally integrate with the rest of the extension, i also have to hand code each form each result page detail page if i work with the Framework Builder (Dynamic Plug-ins), :confused: dataassist should have a way to work with this without so much hand code its a must please add this to the wish list cause right now its not saving much time than before!

PD
Also Reporting a bug since the new databridge uploading png pictures with transparent background is broke again it adds black to the background.

Another bug is when in the dataassist wizard when i click on the search to add it also on the result page the result page comes out with just the search and nothing more.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...