close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

session cache limiter error

Thread began 3/08/2009 3:32 pm by deborah366910 | Last modified 6/28/2010 7:28 am by Jason Byrnes | 7332 views | 20 replies |

deborah366910

session cache limiter error

I am using my own php form and have added a Security question and honeypot feature to the form (from yr contact form solution pack) and have the following error on the page :

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/afrika/public_html/lendersquotes/html/includes/FinanceHeader.php:4) in /home/afrika/public_html/lendersquotes/html/forms/WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php on line 3

Link is: Enquiry_form.php

I have used your pdf instructions to extract the relevant code for these features and have rechecked them. I do not have sessions on this site so not sure why this is happening.
I have tried forums to find a solutions to no avail.
thanks for help

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you have to move you include refrence:

/home/afrika/public_html/lendersquotes/html/includes/FinanceHeader.php

lower on the page. It is causing problems above the other code running on the page.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

martistott342331

headers already sent error

I am having the exact same problem. My error code is:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/reflec3/public_html/Contact/Contact Webmaster/ContactForm102/ContactForm_GMC/contactWebmaster.php:2) in /home/reflec3/public_html/Contact/Contact Webmaster/ContactForm102/ContactForm_GMC/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php on line 3

The link to my site is:

contactWebmaster.php

I have looked for the line of code to move, but did not find it. Do I look in contactWebmaster.php ?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

yes, look at line contactWebmaster.php page on line 2 and the other page on line 3. Most likely the problem is solved by an update in the first location, but it depends on what you find on those lines.

martistott342331

adjusting lines of code

Thanks for your reply. I don't know php well, so I'm going to ask your advice on what to do with the lines of code.

Line 2 of contactWebmaster.php is:

<?php require_once('WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php');?>

Line 3 of WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php is:

session_start();

Now what do I do with these lines of code?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It probably means you either have a blank line or space character in that first line.

highlight the line before and after, is there a blank line or space character in the code?

martistott342331

blank line

Thanks, I had a blank line at the beginning. It's amazing what a little white space can do! I wish I had known about that, but I bought the contact form solution in the first place because I didn't know php. Problem solved.

kenny409515

Same Error

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/web05b/b1189/pow.countrylog/htdocs/contact.php:1) in /hermes/web05b/b1189/pow.countrylog/htdocs/ContactForm_GMC/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php on line 3

This is what I am getting... What is the issue I am running into with this script... Any help would be great. The site is contact.php

Eric Mittman

You page link seems to be broken. The error you are getting about the headers already being sent is almost always due to some white space characters outside of the php blocks that are interpreted as output.

Since the error says the output is occurring on line 1 of your contact.php this is the page that you should check for issues. Look for a space or return that is outside of the php block at the top of the page.

I have seen before where having the BOM signature on the page causes this error to occur. You can check on this setting by doing a save as for the file, in the save as dialog box there should be a check box for the option of including the BOM signature on the page. You should make sure that this option is not enabled.

kenny409515

Yeah

Sorry about that link it is contact.php... I checked the link and I also checked the BOM signature... To no avail I can still not figure it out...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...