close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Not being able to edit

Thread began 3/10/2009 1:20 pm by muddysmurf | Last modified 3/18/2009 10:33 am by muddysmurf | 4407 views | 8 replies |

muddysmurf

Not being able to edit

Now I've been looking over the solution recipes, and it says once I make the map, that I can click on the map in design view of Dreamweaver, and the properties will change to have a button "edit".

I've done this before with other extensions, but I am not able to do this. When I do click on the map, it highlights a box area of the map, and the properties menu doesn't change.

I go and look at the code when I click the map, and the div tag that the map is enclosed it is selected. So I am actually selecting the map. lol

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Is the map functional? Did you change anything by hand? It should work as you expect.

If you create a new page and add a new map, can you inspect it? That might tell us if it is a problem with this page or in general. I am not familiar with this problem, so I don't know for sure.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

muddysmurf

I didn't touch any code. I was thinking that the first time I entered the map. So I took it out (even the components on the page and file folder it made) and saved it. Then entered it again. I've done this three times, and so far I get the same effect.

I can post a screen shot tonight of what it's doing when it's selected (If it will let me).

The map is functional. Here is the page I have it on, contact.php

muddysmurf

This is what happens when I click on the map in design view. The properties do not change either.

muddysmurf

Well after playing with this further, I don't really think the map is that functional. I followed the solution recipe to add the address form for someone to get directions. I followed everything it told me to do and when I enter the data, the address doesn't come up. The address bubble doesn't show up either (maybe this is what it's suppose to do?)

This is getting really frustrating for me because I've set this same map up 6 times, I've even uninstalled the extension, restarted, installed it, and tried to put it back on the page. (Deleted the map components on the page before doing this)

contact.php the map is at the bottom left.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Open the map .js file and change the line:

var fromAddress = {
enabled: true,

to:
var fromAddress = {
enabled: <?php echo(isset($_POST['getDirections'])?true:false); ?>,

muddysmurf

I changed it, and I still do not get any directions. The page reloads, but nothing happens with the map/directions area.

Also, any ideas on why I cannot edit my map?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It does not look like you made the update. I view source and still see:

var fromAddress = {
enabled: true,

and the code I had you add would make it say:
var fromAddress = {
enabled: false,

until you submitted the form with the directions.

muddysmurf

I looked in my code, and apparently two of the times that I took the map out and put it back in, it was still calling on php versions 1 and 2, I'll update it tonight for just 3 being in there and see what happens.

I have a support ticket in for the not showing the edit button, so hopefully they'll see what's going on and fix it. It's driving me crazy not being able to edit what's there. This is the only problem I've had with extensions. The other ones I have seem to work fine when I need to edit something.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...