close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to Add Sizes and Colors

Thread began 3/19/2009 5:10 am by lee365928 | Last modified 3/30/2009 12:45 pm by djstringer293705 | 4309 views | 9 replies |

lee365928

How to Add Sizes and Colors

This might be a simple question, but I've just started using this product. How can I add sizes and color choices to each product? Also, can I adjust the price of the item based on the size selection?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There are a lot of ways to do this and how really depends on your application requirements.

Are you using a database? Do all items have the same options and price adjustments based on those options? Do you have the options and prices in your database already? What database structure did you use?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

lee365928

I'm using a database, but I'm pretty new to it. I'm using MySQL with PHP.

The items are currently in the database, but with no attributes associated with them (size, color, etc) other than price. 90% of the items will have different attributes and price adjustments.

Thanks for the help, by the way.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Well the first step is how to set up your database.

Since 90% will have different options, then you would probably create a separate options table in your database.

It would have the columns: optionID (autoincrement), optionName (varchar), optionProductID (id from products table), optionPrice (float)....

and whatever other columns you need. The options table can then be filtered by the optionProductID field to show all options for a given product on a page.

So you add that Recordset filtered on the page where you have your add to cart button and use it to populate your list of options for that product with the value in the list being the optionID.

Now add a second recordset to filter based on the submitted list so that it contains just the option selected from the list after the add to cart button is pressed. Then update your add to cart bindings to get the price value from that lookup recordset.

lee365928

Thanks for the info. I have a few more things to work out before I start on this, but I'll give it a try. I'll prob be back with more questions once I get into it ;)

Thanks again.

robert329616

I had the same question when I first started and was pointed to the ecomm-3 solution recipe. It was a tutorial for an older version of ecart but worked great with the latest version.
Let me know if you cannot find it and I will email you what I have.

Regards,
Rob

lee365928

This might sound like a silly question, but how do I start using the tutorials listed in the recipes? I see the code listed in snippets, but how do I access the tutorial info? It says in the extension manager to refer to recipes.pdf, but I don't see that anywhere.

neileisen207079

I have the same issue and I can't find a solution recipie for this. I Have lots of products and all have potentially lots of options all of which could effect the price. So, I cant just assign options to different products and have the selection automatically assigned to the checkout?

I was hoping it wouldnt be that complicated. Is there a simple way to do it? Like say for example I add an option that adds 10 cents to the product, does that carry over to the cart page? AGHHH.

Please direct me to that solution recipie if you could. thanks so much

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can add a column called optionAmount and then update the calculation for TotalPrice to be: ([Price]+[OptionAmount]) * [Quantity]

djstringer293705Beta Tester

Originally Said By: neileisen207079
  I have the same issue and I can't find a solution recipie for this. I Have lots of products and all have potentially lots of options all of which could effect the price. So, I cant just assign options to different products and have the selection automatically assigned to the checkout?

I was hoping it wouldnt be that complicated. Is there a simple way to do it? Like say for example I add an option that adds 10 cents to the product, does that carry over to the cart page? AGHHH.

Please direct me to that solution recipie if you could. thanks so much  

Hi,

I had exactly this question a couple of days ago and was given the following information, which produced the files for download.

Upon logging in select the link for Super Suite then expand the fourth menu from the bottom eCommerce Recipes. These are the files that go with the eCommerce Recipes :- eCommerce Recipes 3

It is obviously a Dreamweaver extension or part it would appear.

Hope this helps,

David

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...