close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Implementation without a payment gateway????!

Thread began 3/27/2009 9:34 am by carlene353689 | Last modified 4/13/2009 11:31 am by carlene | 9954 views | 16 replies |

carlene353689Beta Tester

Implementation without a payment gateway????!

Could someone please explain how eCart can be used without a payment gateway for offline payment processing? This is the entire reason I purchased this program and I've worked through everything only to be stuck by no documentation on how to implement the shopping cart without a payment gateway.

To clarify - we are trying to implement a shopping cart for internal processing of orders. So these orders will be stored in a database, and need Universal email implementation. I also am creating a CMS for management of these orders. However, we do not need a payment gateway. And the wizard asks for one. There is no documentation for doing this without a payment gateway - and the wizard gives no option for offline payment processing.

HELP!!!!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Enter fake information and use the authorize.net local checkout payment gateway without express checkout... then remove the local checkout server behavior from the confirm page after you are done.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

carleneBeta Tester

Well, unfortunately I still have no working solution to this problem. I get as far as the Checkout page - then everything fails to work. I did a support ticket for this solution. (implementation of eCart without a payment gateway and having it write orders to a database.)

Here is what the solution response person told me to do:
"The simplest way to accomplish this is to Use the Checkout wizard to create the pages. When using the checkout wizard, you will have to chose a payment gateway. Select Paypal Payments Pro US as the payment gateway. After the pages have been created, remove the PayPal Express Checkout button from the Checkout page, and remove the local Checkout server behavior from the Confirm page.

You will also have to reset the redirect to the success page. If you selected to have the order Information stored in the database, double click the Store order Details server behavior and set the redirect. If not double click the Universal Email server behavior and set the redirect to the success page."
I then asked for further clarification and here is their response:
"open the confirm page, in the Server Behaviors list, select the Local Checkout server behavior, then click the Minus button to remove it.

If you selected to have the order Information stored in the database:
double click the Store order Details server behavior and set the redirect to go to the success page.

If not:
double click the Universal Email server behavior and set the redirect to the success page."
Ok - I've done that and it still isn't working. I feel that I'm missing some huge step here.

To sum up - I'm trying to implement a shopping cart that writes directly to a database with no payment gateway. The orders also need to use Universal Email to send a summary to the customers and our staff. I am also setting up (using Data Assist) an Administrative site so that internal staff can look at orders, and mark when they have been shipped.

I had hoped that the Data Assist/eCart integration for this very thing would be clearer - but I'm having difficulty figuring this all out. I'm very adept at using Dreamweaver to integrate with a database and Recordset queries etc... It's the eCart functionality that has me very confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Carlene

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What is the current problem or error you are running into?

carleneBeta Tester

When I hit the Checkout button from the Shopping Cart page just stays where it is. It isn't progressing into the shopping cart. Is there something I missed?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Double click on the checkout button server behavior and specify the checkout page for the place to go.

carleneBeta Tester

Thanks Ray - OK -- I did that and got as far as the confirm.php page and it revealed this error. (I replaced my full site path there)

Warning: Missing argument 6 for waue_definition() in **MY SITE PATH**/WA_Universal_Email/mail_PHP.php on line 69
Unknown column '05dc7a2ef4495f6518d51dc65cc11e6b' in 'where clause'

Ray BorduinWebAssist

looks like a couple of problems.

I would see what was on line 69 of the mail file.... that is a problem with the email.

The other error looks like a problem with the insert cart summary into database server behavior. It looks like your referenceID column is numeric and should be a text column.

carleneBeta Tester

OK - here is line 69 of the file:

function WAUE_Definition($serverName,$serverPort,$retPath,$organization,$xMailer,$charSet) {
$mailObj = new WA_MAILOBJ($serverName,$serverPort,$retPath,$organization,$xMailer,$charSet);
return $mailObj;
}

-- And could you please elaborate on the other part of your suggestion? I'm not sure how to fix this.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What version of Universal Email do you have installed? This looks like it could be an old bug where the $charSet wasn't being set properly when you have an older version installed. You may have to install the latest version of Universal Email and open up and set the charset value for the Email to fix this problem.

The secon part you would fix by opening the Store Cart Summary in database server behavior on the confirm page. Find the ReferenceID column and make sure it is marked as a text column.. also make sure the database has it marked as a text column.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...