close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How do I install the latest WA products into Dreamweaver CC 2018?

Thread began 12/20/2017 4:49 am by jon211112 | Last modified 12/22/2017 9:10 am by Ray Borduin | 2455 views | 12 replies |

jon211112

How do I install the latest WA products into Dreamweaver CC 2018?

I am about to begin a new project and will be using the suite of WA tools. I have an active Adobe CC subscription so have installed the latest Dreamweaver CC 2018 (Mac) but am going round in circles trying to get the extensions installed. I have tried using the ZXPInstaller which Ray mentioned in the forum but first I need to get the deprecated server behaviours. I just can't find these anywhere. Please can you give me a simple list of processes so I can get up and running?

Many thanks

Jon

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You don't need the deprecated server behaviors any more. We include it with any of our tools.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jon211112

Thanks Ray.

I have tried installing with the ZXPInstaller but nothing is showing in DW. I've started with Data Bridge in case that's relevant.

Cheers

Jon

jon211112

Hi again Ray

It looks like ZXPInstaller doesn't yet work for DW CC 2018. I've used the DMX Zone Extension Manager and your extensions are now working nicely in DW CC 2018.

Are you aware of any issues with any of your extensions with CC 2018? I'm about to launch into a good size project which will involve all the main extensions, including eCart, so just want to check that all will be well.

Cheers

Jon

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We have been fixing issues as they have been reported, so there are no open issues at this moment. Let us know if you have any problems and we can help.

jon211112

Thanks again.

I've been working through everything to re-familiarise myself with it. It looks like Data Assist and all the various features write code for MySQL whereas I'm using MySQLi. Is that right? In order to use all the DataAssist features (like creating all the insert/update/search pages) I can't use MySQLi.

Can you confirm what the scenario is so I know how best to approach the project?

Thanks

Jon

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is correct. You would have to use the MySQLi server behaviors instead.

jon211112

Do all the features exist for MySQLi? Like the page builders for insert/update/etc? What's the process for working with MySQLi with WA?

Also, is it a bad idea to use the original MySQL instead? Will the code generated work on PHP v7.x? Isn't MySQL pretty much deprecated?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would have to use php version 6 or lower. I still suggest that for people that want to use the wizards. To use mysqli you have to create the pages and forms in Dreamweaver and apply the server behaviors individually.

jon211112

I thought that was probably the case. Will DataAssist be updated to support MySQLi?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...