close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error with MySQLi recordset

Thread began 4/05/2023 4:47 pm by sandy170299 | Last modified 4/06/2023 1:02 pm by Ray Borduin | 608 views | 4 replies |

sandy170299

Error with MySQLi recordset

There's no code on the page, except for the recordset. I can connect to the DB, and create a query without an issue, but this is what I'm receiving when I browse the page:

Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 168

I am using the latest version of the MySQLi extension, and I'm running PHP version: 8.2.0 on localhost.

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

sandy170299

Okay, I was able to solve that error by replacing if ($paramTypes{$x} == 'i') {

with if ($paramTypes[$x] == 'i') {

But now I'm getting a ton of other errors:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$Connection is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 9

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$CurrentPage is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 10

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$Debug is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 11

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$EncryptionAlgorithm is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 12

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$EncryptionKey is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 13

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$EncryptionMode is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 14

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$FilterValues is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 15

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$Index is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 16

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$LastRow is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 17

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$MaxRows is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 18

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$Name is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 19

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$NextPage is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 20

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$PageNum is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 21

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$ParamTypes is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 22

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$ParamValues is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 23

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$ParamDefaults is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 24

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$Prepared is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 25

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$PrevPage is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 26

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$QueryString is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 27

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$Results is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 28

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$StartLimit is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 32

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$StartRow is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 33

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$Statement is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 34

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$Table is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 35

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$TotalPages is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 36

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_MySQLi_RS::$TotalRows is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\mysqli\rsobj.php on line 37

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Start_Dir is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 5

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$File is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 6

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$BaseName is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 7

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Reset is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 8

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Added is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 9

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Dir is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 11

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Body is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 12

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Head is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 13

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$HTML is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 14

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Title is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 15

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Above is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 16

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Links is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 17

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Styles is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 18

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$DocType is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 19

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$Content is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 20

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$MetaTags is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 21

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$MetaKeywords is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 22

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$MetaDescription is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 23

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$MetaContentType is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 24

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$MetaKeywords_Content is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 25

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$MetaDescription_Content is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 26

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$MetaContentType_Content is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 27

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WA_Include::$EditableRegions is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ElectionTrends\webassist\framework\framework.php on line 28
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The page does load, and the search form does work, but I don't know what to do about all these errors. If things are working, can they just be hidden, or is that a really bad idea?

Thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you reinstall databridge, then the next time you update a server behavior that uses the files with messages will be updated and fix the problem.

You could also just turn off deprecated messages in your php.ini file and these messages won't effect the functionality of the page.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

sandy170299

The errors are still there, even after updating the plugin and clearing my cache, and I won't have access to php.ini on the server.

I think if I do it just through code on the pages that are causing errors, it will be okay. Just to clarify, this will not affect performance of the page or the code from running properly?

Thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The error is in a framework builder file... so you would have to add a plugin or update a framework builder server behavior to get it overwritten. I'll attach the latest copy.

Attached Files
framework.php
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...