close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

new to eCart

Thread began 4/07/2009 5:02 pm by jamesbal253688 | Last modified 11/20/2009 8:10 am by Ray Borduin | 6738 views | 11 replies |

jamesbal253688

new to eCart

I just purchased ecart 4 and am setting up my first shopping cart with it. I am using the getting started guide as a reference.
I have set up the database, images and it is working. I need a question answered.
I have the products page set up and the thumb image taking a visitor to a detail page; have the add to cart button added to the detail page and it works adding to the cart page.
Problem is on the cart page, when clicking the 'continue shopping' button takes the person back to the detail page rather than the products page?
If you add to cart from the products page, then on the cart page clicking the 'continue shopping' button goes back to the products page as i want.

Am i missing a step; i have not gotten to building the checkout pages yet.

A bigger problem ----
I was viewing the eCart4 on my testing server and it was working fine.
I uploaded to my remote server and the pages will not render; just white space, no error message.
Is there a setting on my remote server i should check first?

thanks
jim balthrop

Sign in to reply to this post

jamesbal253688

another issue as i progress with eCart 4.1.6
when i choose eCart Checkout Wizard for the cart.php page i get the following error

in file "WA eCart CheckoutWizard";
initializeUI is not defined

it won't let me go any further.

thanks for your help
jim balthrop

jamesbal253688

i deleted the Winfilecache and i am getting this error now when i try to open checkout wizard

'At line 629 of file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Shared\Controls\Scripts\WAUnivEmail.js";
Node.getElementsByTagName("Charsets")[0]has no properties

help!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What version of universal email do you have installed?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jamesbal253688

Ray

i have version 2.8 of universal email.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This may be a bug in the newest version of eCart working with the previous version of Universal Email. You will have to upgrade your universal email, or post a support incident and they can help you find another workaround for this incompatability.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jamesbal253688

thanks Ray
i thought UE 2.8 was the latest version?

i did submit a support ticket with the issues of the browser not rendering.
it produced error message concerning my server set up. I will post to this thread when i get it resolved.

as far as not being able to open ecart checkout wizard; i had to rename my configuration file for dreamweaver C4, which disabled all web assist extensions. then i had to remove all extensions. then i reinstalled eCart4 and did not install UE and i am now able to open ecart checkout wizard. i will complete the checkout wizard to the point of needing email and then i will reinstall universal email. i will post what results i get.

jim balthrop

jamesbal253688

found out from my support ticket that universal email 2.8 is NOT compatible with eCart4. I downloaded and installed Universal Email 3.0 and that solved the error problems i was getting at the checkout wizard.

the other issue with my remote server has not been solved yet, but it seems that i need a setting changed in my php.ini file on my remote server.

jim balthrop

jamesbal253688

on the error messages i was receiving, it has to do with a setting on php.ini on my server.

this is the setting on php.ini on my local testing server that works for the eCart

; open_basedir, if set, limits all file operations to the defined directory
; and below. This directive makes most sense if used in a per-directory
; or per-virtualhost web server configuration file. This directive is
; *NOT* affected by whether Safe Mode is turned On or Off.
;open_basedir =

so, on my remote server the open_basedir = setting was enabled and it was causing problems for the shopping cart
retrieve_once("WA_eCart/myfileCart_PHP.php")

Art

I take it you had to pay for the new version?
Did uninstalling, working through the Wizard and then reinstalling UE work?

It appears that I now have the same problem. I have an old UE version 2.8

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...